Thursday, May 31, 2012

People I Want To Punch In The Face: Random Thoughts

In honor of Julian's first birthday....

PEOPLE I WANT TO PUNCH IN THE FACE

1) My husband (love you baby!) My husband is insisting that I grow out my cute short haircut, the one that garners constant attention and compliments. The style that requires no fuss, and makes me feel spunky and confident. I have had this cut for six years now, and apparently the man wants long hair again. Apparently all men want long hair. Christ. So now I am in the painfully slow process of growing this mop out. Right now it is still very short, but thick and puffy and unruly. I look terrible, and because my hair is still too short for clips I simply wear a hat all the time. Hats are fun, but it is getting a bit tiresome, and I feel a little
 like I'm in disguise. It's going to be a long freaking year of hair hell. Hubby-you owe me.
Hat 1

2) Myself. Yes, I make the list frequently. Why this time? Because I'm an absolute idiot with no self control who picked at the scabs on my brand new Las Vegas tattoo, leaving it looking gnarly and in desperate need of a touch up. What kind of a moron am I anyway? Am I four? I was specifically told not to pick at it. Now I'll pay the price. Dumb, Dumb, DUMBEST.

3) Candidates who apply for jobs for which they are completely unqualified. Look, I get it, it's a difficult economy and people are desperate for employment, but job descriptions list requirements for a reason. I'm not talking about an applicant with 3 years of experience instead of 5, I'm talking about people who apply lacking any of the relevant requirements. If a job requires a minimum of 5 years of event production experience and you have NEVER PRODUCED AN EVENT (outside of your kid's birthday parties) you are not getting the job. If you work as a Sandwich Artist at Subway you are not qualified to be a Creative Director at a PR agency. Get it?!




Hat 2

Hat 3
And now on with my day, which is actually quite a happy one. My little baby is one year old today and I can't wait to stuff his little face with cake!

4 comments:

  1. Rachel - that's so funny. After tirelessly growing my hair out for a year, I got it all cut again on a whim in March...and while I like it, I'm kinda bummed after all that work. And then Bruce was like "yeah, you should grow it out again" - so I FEEL YOUR PAIN SISTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! I remember when i stopped dying my brown hair ash blond because it was turning green. I looked like a reverse skunk and wore kerchiefs. I was also pregnant with you so i didnt want to use haircoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, you suit hats. I'm a big fan of hats - keep you warm in winter, keep sun off you in summer, make it possible to go out in public even though you should have washed your hair two days ago... (warning - washing long hair is a real pain, you've probably forgotten all about that. On the plus side I'm sure you'll look v. pretty! Love to hear how hubby's going to make it up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your little man! And I'm always battling the hair style--as soon as it's longish, I want it short. When it's short, I want it long. Guess I should try extensions--I could just play with it week to week or season to season!

    ReplyDelete