Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You do the math



1 6.5lb nocturnal newborn



PLUS



1 high energy, early rising, often moody, 5.5 year old



PLUS



1 sweet, yet mischievous 3 year old



MINUS



Reasonable amount of sleep



PLUS



1 stinky, shedding dog



PLUS



USELESS, litter box mess creating cat, (multiplied by 2)



PLUS



10 loads of laundry per week



MINUS



1 fully stocked refrigerator



PLUS



3 *free* weeks of unsolicited parenting advice



PLUS



600 Lego and puzzle pieces covering 1 living room floor



PLUS



1 neglected blog, dwindling in popularity



PLUS



Countless photo ops



PLUS


10 perfect baby toes



PLUS



Endless sloppy toddler kisses



MINUS



Ever being lonely






EQUALS






One half-crazed, often crabby, 90% spit-up covered, mommy with a very full heart.



8 comments:

  1. Hope you get some sleep!! Sounds like your life is fun, full and hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I did my calculations, and I got a different answer. Not sure where I went wrong, but my equation equaled "spa day". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I constantly smell of baby vomit. Constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got "nanny!" Hey, here's a weird little factoid: I took a four-month break from blogging to finish my book and didn't check my stats at all in that time. When I came back, my blog had had great traffic, without me writing a word! Very disheartening! Or good. Or whatever.

    That's not to encourage you to take a break, just to know that we'll stick with you, even if you're, um, sticky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the one hand, I am super mean and would lose the pets. On the other hand, I am super nice and would love to help alleviate some of your loneliness :) and maybe even do a couple of loads of wash and help rake up some legos while I'm there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, wait!!!!!! pretty soon more unsolicited parental advice coming your way and this time from a Brooklyn born Jewish mother ;). Holy matzoh balls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should I laugh? I love that you are keeping your sense of humour - also that you have a very full heart.
    can you out source the laundry? The cat? Anything?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Add to that a part time job that suddenly went full time - and get CRAZED LUNATIC.

    ReplyDelete