Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oh Blimey.


So here is one of those "Rachel being Rachel" posts. For those of you who are unsure, Rachel is not particularly funny. Rachel is not particularly positive. Rachel is sort of a whiny gal with a bad attitude, and tonight you are getting THE REAL DEAL. Ahhhh, lucky YOU.


First off, my pants are too tight. Now some would argue those pants were always too small. I had no business fitting into jeans that tiny. But I did, for a brief time before the breast milk dried up, and I lost the relatively effortless calorie sucking miracle scenario. Breastfeeding for me was like a diet pill or liposuction. The crazy synopsis of being naturally skinny. Today as I examined my muffin top in my once favorite pair of jeans, I realized that this denim dream would have to now be retired with the rest of my "skinny" paraphernalia. BOO.


Next up... I quit my little job. The 15-hour a week job I was excited to accept before I realized it would mean totally sacrificing my sanity. I couldn't do all. Meaning I couldn't work while at the VERY same time care for a couple of crabby noisy boys, who were busy "bonking" their heads or creating dirty diapers that had to be attended to. I was doing both jobs miserably and realized it wasn't sustainable. So I quit. Disappointed, yes, I enjoyed working. Disheartened yes, why oh why can't I land a "real" job? My husband keeps telling me it's the economy, but this is me, Rachel, and I take it personally.


And I had one to many glasses of wine tonight and I am tired, and not all that excited for the 5:30 am wake up call to come.


So there you have it folks. The real deal. The real Rachel. As Zack might say "Oh, Blimey".


No comments:

Post a Comment