Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sick for real


A few days ago I posted "Sick Day" a make believe call into my make-believe boss because I wanted a break. Well folks now I really am sick. And I am a big ol' baby about the whole thing.


You know what I want? I want to lie on the sofa with a pile of Kleenex watching a marathon of The Real Housewives while sipping hot tea. I want someone to come over and pat me on the head saying "poor lamby-pie, I am so sorry your sick. You just relax. I am running to the store to pick you up the latest copy of People Magazine and some chicken soup." And while we are fantasizing,that person would be John Kransinski (The Office-sorry Dave!) and he would have a dozen get-well roses for me and a little blue box from Tiffany's, but any-who....


I wish there were some compromise between fantasy and reality, but alas tomorrow will be the same old same old, demanding kiddos who don't understand nor care if I am not feeling up to snuff... cereal must be served promptly at 7am and a temper tantrum is schedule for precisely 20 minutes later. Life goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment