Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The year in review at 18 months


This year has been an eventful one folks. Here are some of the major highlights:

Food: Folks, I learned that a meal can be more than warmish liquid fed to me under the heavy cover of a hooter hider. It comes in all forms. I especially like the goldfish variety. I mean have you tried this delicacy? Crunchy cheese flavored morsels from heaven. They are especially delicious when mashed up on the floor and mixed with a sprig or two of doggie fur. Mmmmm.. Divine.

Walking: It was around October when I discovered that one can transport themselves by walking on two feet. It spares the knees and palms of your hands. I am telling you, simply ingenious. For all of my younger friends, do not wait until you hit 14 months-that is just criminal.

Falling in Love: It's true. It happened about three months ago. I met the softest, most inviting friend. She is blue, square, squishy and lovely. I can rest my head on her at night, and I can stick her stringy tassels in my mouth for extra comfort. I take her with me everywhere I go. My mommy tries to keep her in my crib, but I won't hear of it! Pillow goes where I go. We are a team.

English: I have mastered the art of communication with the big people. I have learned several of their words, and it has had an amazing impact on my quality of life. All I need to do is utter "watee" and all of the sudden I am presented with a cup of cool liquid refreshment. Fabulous! "Uppy" and I am carried around like the Prince I was born to be. "Mine!" and my brother takes the desired object and hits me in head with it, not ideal... but well you get the idea.

2009 has been a fantastic adventure. In June, I was given a cake and many gifts... and just this December I met a scary man named Santa Claus who also presented me with toys and candies. I can only imagine what 2010 will bring! Someone told me I will be given the privilege of a a "big boy" bed, and a tricycle. I don't want to dream too big.

I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year filled with more goldfish crackers and apple juice than you could ever want. May all of your dreams come true.

With love,

Evan-18 months

No comments:

Post a Comment