Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays from New Mexico. The trip here was exhausting, but I cannot tell you how happy I was to see my husband at the Albuquerque airport. Praise the Lord, here are your children, peace-out, kind of happy.

Now I am sitting at my brother and sister in law's cozy home, getting ready for an evening of viewing luminaria , a New Mexican tradition. The husband is running Zachary to exhaustion in the backyard, and Evan is wondering around chewing apples and spitting them out, while breathing heavily because his nose is all stuffed up. Holiday music is playing on the stereo and I am sipping a glass of wine wondering... was it worth it?

It's great to be here, and perhaps if the trip to Denver with the kids sans husband hadn't drained the life out of me my answer would have been a resounding YES. But I am swearing on my life right now, there will be no future trips without the spouse in the near future. Id rather eat asparagus for Christmas dinner, and for those of you who know me, that is saying a heck of a lot.

Anyways, I am here with family, it is a lovely chaos and I need to get off of the computer. Holiday cheer to all.

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment