Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflection

2011 was a challenging year. It was a year where we saw a great deal of joy, and we were blessed in many ways. But damn it was hard. We had a lot of change. I was pregnant and sick, we moved to Oakland, had a baby and the boys changed schools. I quit my job, lost the nanny and went down to a single income.

Change can be wonderful, as in the form of a bouncing baby boy, but it can also be difficult as you navigate how to function under new circumstances. Moving from two children to two plus a baby has not been easy. It has pushed me to a whole new level of exhaustion and stress. There are days where even when I can see just how good I have it, I don't feel like getting out of bed and starting all over again. I'm tired.

And it isn't over yet. Julian is seven months. I figure I have at least another six to twelve hard months ahead, yet I am happy because we have started something. The Three Musketeers. Our family. We are now complete and we will hopefully have a lifetime of happiness before us. I expect that the years ahead will all have unique challenges, some of them more difficult then the ones we have faced this year. This has been a year of happiness where we have been blessed with good fortune, for that I am grateful.

2011 is a year that I am going to remember. For the birth of my son. For the sleepless nights, the fighting brothers, the stroller pushing, backaches and spit up. For the beginning of our journey as a family of five.

Happy New Year.

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully said. Wishing you rest to be able to appreciate it all.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you lots of joy ahead and some ease to lighten that load a little. Will continue to look forward to your wonderfully authentic posts. Happy New Year X.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me one was heaven, two a tad bit more challenging, 3 CRAZY!!!! I had to sit myself down and have a heart to heart about what was really important. I determined that not yelling was more of a priority than a clean house. So we lived in a messy home but we had fun. I am so glad now because they are all in school and there is plenty of time to clean now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a peaceful and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! You have my wishes for a year that gets easier as it passes and children who get along! Someone reminded me the other day that on Mrs. Doubtfire when the kids fought she made them do extra household chores. I'm starting that as of now!

    ReplyDelete