Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Where is my Alice?


Okay so we have a lot going on. A lot. A toddler growing into his terrible twos, a five year old who we will call "spirited." A new baby on the way. The holidays. A move. I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't feeling a little overwhelmed. Okay massively overwhelmed. Like pulling my hair out of my head crazy beans overwhelmed. In the midst of all this do you know what it is that tends to push me over the edge? The little things. The insignificant. Realizing that it is ten pm and I haven't packed the boys lunches yet. Discovering that the dishwasher is filled with clean dishes and that it needs to be unloaded before I can remove the clutter from the kitchen counter. Losing my keys. Yes, these are the things that have me blinking back tears and cursing under my breath.




What I need is an Alice. You know who I am talking about. The ever cheerful, ever helpful, superhuman, live-in housekeeper. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Someone to help me keep it all together. Someone to to do the crap work with a jolly smile plastered on her homely little face. Someone who can keep things light with her simple jokes. And she has to come for free. Any takers?

6 comments:

  1. Free- let me know if you find her- where I live the going rate is minimum 20 an hour-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda thought that Alice was just there because she loved the Brady's so much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It ain't me babe, no no no, it ain't me your thinking of, babe. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I so want her too! When she's done in Berkeley, have her fly (for free, obviously) to Jerusalem and do my house next.
    I want her to: find my keys, do the dishes, scrub the dirty fingerprints off the wall, run to the pharmacy, play Chutes and Ladders, and then make stew. That doesn't sound like a lot, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find one, send her my way when you are done with her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry, Rachel. I totally understand what you are talking about. That's how I felt throughout my pregnancies. Happy as I was to be having another baby, them dang hormones just did not agree with me. I hope you get a break, find some peace, get your Alice...in the meantime, I'm always around for a good venting session! Really.

    ReplyDelete