Friday, December 3, 2010

My Three Sons


At only 12.5 weeks, I did not realize that today would be the day that my dreams of mother-daughter bonding would finally be put to rest for good. When I went in for the ultrasound (which was done for the purpose of genetic screening) I didn't know that it would be possible to determine the baby's sex. Oh but it was. It was hard to to miss. This tiny fetus has very visible male parts. My third son. Wow.


I can't say that I am shocked. Any time someone jokingly told me that we should try for a girl, I laughed at them and responded that if we kept trying we would simply end up with an army of boys. But secretly I thought... maybe.


But now there is no more maybe. There will be no more babies after this, and that is a promise!


So gone are my fantasies of mother-daughter tea parties and wedding dress shopping. Funny, I am not as devastated as I was upon receiving the news of Evan's gender. Perhaps I prepared myself better this time around, or maybe I have just come to terms with the fact that this is my lot in life. Mama to boys. The lady of the house. Football Saturday's and guys golf outings. And it is okay. No, better than okay. The ultrasound showed a healthy baby, and I am beyond grateful for that news.


It isn't the life that I expected. But if we always got we planned on, things would get awfully boring right?


Who knows what adventures lie ahead for me and my three sons.

6 comments:

  1. Oh it's all good! It's a blast raising boys! We can do tea parties with our granddaughters someday.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of being the only woman in the house - worshipped by loving sons!!!! Congratulations xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clothes shopping with teenage girls is NOT fun. You could have a tea party with Zack and Evan. Just call it a Lighting McQueen fuel-up party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! 3 boys :-)You probably have a closet full of clothes just waiting for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on boy #3!!! How exciting!! I'm your newest follower for the 'penthouse' @ momstreehouse! Sherri
    faithorfear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete