Thursday, December 2, 2010

The new house

Kargas Inc is moving. It had to happen. Our current headquarters are just too tight. We need space. Space for our belongings. Space to breath. Space to not kill each other.

We found a place. A beautiful home in Oakland. Perfect? No. It is on a busy street and very close to a highway so noise is a factor, and we are unlikely to have a lot of neighborhood block parties. But we have four bedrooms and a mother in law apartment with a second kitchen. And the house is immaculate. New fixtures, fresh paint in warm colors, and beautiful window coverings. The bathrooms and kitchens are updated and shiny. It really is quite lovely.

Mostly I am excited, but I am also a little sad. I won't miss our house, but I will miss our routine. I got used to this neighborhood. The Monetary Market where we buy all of our fresh produce and the bagel shop that I frequent on the weekends which is far superior to Noah's. We have our favorite playgrounds, the doctor's office, the dry cleaner, my salon, dentist, and favorite watering holes all within a mile. Now I have to learn a whole new city again, and I'm not in the mood. I just figured all of that stuff out. Not to mention the actual moving. The packing and unpacking. The house filled with packing paper and cardboard boxes. The chaos.

But it is going to be worth it. It is going to be worth it. We are going to love it. It's going to be great. As long as I can find a good bagel.

Positive thinking.

2 comments:

  1. Excited for you! Why is it called a "mother-in-law apartment". What happened to fathers in law? I know we women live longer, but still....I think that term might imply that you keep the dreaded MIL away from the rest of the family so she won't drive everyone crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait to see it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete