Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ladies Man





Evan will be three in a few weeks. He's growing up. Becoming a little man. A little ladies man. This feisty 30 pounder sure knows how to woo the preschool girls. He is a smooth talker who has come up with some winning lines that the other boys will be using for years to come.










Evan has taken a special interest in a girl named "Charlie" who attends school with him. Charlie is a pudgy cutie pie who frequently wears leggings and bright pink tops. A real looker. When I picked him up on Friday he announced loudly (with Charlie clearly in ear shot) "I'm going to marry Charlie, and then I'm going to kiss her on the lips!" Charlie ignored him, but my guess is that she was simply playing hard to get.










Perhaps because of Charlie's cold shoulder, Evan has stepped it up a notch. Just today at the zoo, he approached an older girl, probably all of four years. As way of introduction, and just to break the ice Evan walked up to her, took a superman stance, pointed directly at her and yelled "You have a gyna!" Uh. huh. May I note that this was right in front of the child's parents. The girl's interest was peaked, and she challenged him to a running race. Mom and dad looked at their feet. Yikes.










Evan was encouraged. He used the very same line at an Andy Z concert this afternoon with a special twist. This time he approached a young lady on the dance floor, pointed and yelled "You have a gyna! I have a penis!" This little girl simply stared back blankly at him. She probably was just a little slow.










I any case, it appears my son is quite the charmer. It's time to lock up your daughters Oakland.

7 comments:

  1. I say Evan has quite a gift for getting right to the point....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Evan the best of luck with Charlie. This pickup line is better than most I've heard! Maya decided she was going to marry a boy in her class, but then two days later, he let her down gently, informing her that he intended to marry his neighbor instead. She told me that they weren't in love anymore. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, he might need to learn a little more subtlety as he grows older, as the adolescent girl will not be happy to have the existence of their vagina declared to the world, especially when they're developing. Trust me on this, as the mother of an eleven-year-old! Very, very, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told you not to leave the Mid-west with our family values, etc. See what happens when you raise kids in the big city! Maybe back off on the sex ed for a bit. Storks and cabbages and mommy swallowed a watermelon seed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, don't take him to see The Vagina Monologues just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Watch out ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Heavens! How cute is that?!? I laughed so loud at my desk my coworkers thought I lost my mind! See what I have to look forward to????

    ReplyDelete