Friday, November 6, 2009

Broken Record

I feel like a broken record. One day I am on top of the world, the next day I am worn out and talking about needing vacation. It is cyclical. Good day/Great Day/Exhausted/Crabby. Today in the exhausted phase-bordering on crabby.

Hubby had his first Clorox business trip to New York City. He left on Wednesday and returned today. He came home very tired and ready for some R&R. I saw him and was ready to deposit the children in his care and run screaming from our house. "I have had enough!!!". Broken record-I know he is working, and my job is at home-but sometimes I get jealous! He called me last night from a little shop picking up trinkets for the boys, and was off to happy hour in NYC with former co-workers. All I could think was-Damn! You are in the best city in America, with no children-I would KILL for one night like that! I would kill for one night in a hotel room with my TV and room service. I know, I know, I KNOW-it isn't that easy. There are early morning flights and meetings, prep work, all that jazz, but still. So although I have no "job" myself, TGIF all the same. Thank God the husband is home. Thank God, he can help with Evan patrol.

Next weekend, my Denver girls are coming for a visit! Shannon and Heather are traveling out just to see me and needless to say I am forever thankful and so honored. Next weekend is my weekend. Husband-beware the kids are ALL YOURS! Have fun! I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment