Friday, July 6, 2012

Blazing Hot

Just a quick post to let my faithful readers know I have not fallen off the face of the earth. No,  I am just burning up in Madison Wisconsin. It is hot. Bloody hot. Record-breaking hot. It has been over 100 degrees for the past four days. I don't know how to function in this climate anymore. I have grown accustomed to 65 degree, sweatshirt weather.

We have gone to the pool, to the lake and to the movies. Needless to say, the boys are in heaven. We are all having fun, although it isn't quite the trip I had anticipated. I had hoped to take strolls through my old neighborhood and the campus. I was counting on at least one good summer thunderstorm, so the boys could see the dark skies and lightening I had grown up with. Instead it has been a tour of swimming pools I never visited as a child.

We have hit some of my favorites, ice cream at the union, fireworks on the terrace, dinner at State Street Brats, pizza at Rocky Rococco's (which turned out to be such a disappointment, some memories are best left as... memories), breakfast at Micky's Dairy Bar, and custard at Michael's Frozen Custard. Funny how many memories are attached to eating establishments. I spy a cleansing diet in my near future!

We have also met up with some friends I haven't seen in years although the visits have all been hurried and too brief.

I will post pictures when I return.

Praying for a cool down, and uneventful trip back to Oakland....

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have been having a good albeit hot time :) Wishing you safe and sane traveling back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from a hot-as-hell trip to chicago myself. And, all we did was eat too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete