|Did I mention I have a walk-in closet? Maybe that is the #1 best!|
So little time for blogging these days, but so very much to write, but with time short and knowing my audience has better things to do than read a novel penned by an author with a poor grasp of grammar, I will do a summary.
Five best things about Denver:
1) People. Enough said
2) Coors Field. Such a beautiful ball-park. We went to our first Rockies game of the season on Friday night and the kids (sans, Julian who was left in the care of a friend) had a blast. And all that ice-cold Coors Light. Need I say more ?
|Let's Go Rockies!|
4) Thunder & Lightening. Since we have been back we have enjoyed two awesome storms. Dark skies, lightening and heavy rain. The boys (sans Julian who was scared) were thrilled, and so was I.
|Me & My Bestie|
5) Convenience: Since our return, I have yet to have to circle the parking lot at the local Safeway more than once in order to find a parking spot. No need to plug a meter and get all three kids out of the car when wanting to grab a coffee... STARBUCKS DRIVE THROUGH praise the LORD. Forget about freeway traffic just to get to Target, you can get there in 5 minutes using regular residential streets. Hallelujah!
Five worst things about life in Denver
1) You can't buy anything stronger than 3.2 beer at the grocery store. No, no. Instead, I have to go to an actual liquor store to stock up on wine. Talk about a pain in the-tushie. Maybe not a big deal if you aren't carting around three kids when you shop, but, ahem, I AM and mama needs her wine-hassle free!
2) All these freaky in-shape people. Going to the gym is becoming a bit traumatizing for me. I REALLY miss Tracy at my beloved Oakland YMCA who lead our "Body Sculpt" class, which was accessible, required no coordination or cute coordinating spandex outfit. I am so out of my element here.
3) Weather. Man I miss those absolutely perfect 70 degree bay-area summer days. Denver summers are hot. And dry. My skin is already turning scaly.
4) Produce? What produce?
5) No ocean. Anywhere. Duh.
|My Denver Girls!|