Monday, August 17, 2009

Love Letter

Ten years. Ten years is a long time. Think of what can happen in ten years. Lives change, careers are built, children are born, and loved ones die. On August 14 Dave and I had our ten year wedding anniversary. I could say it is hard to believe, but honestly it is not. It feels like ten years, but not in a bad – oh my gosh I have been with this guy forever and I am bored kind of way. More in an amazing, we have lived through so much and had so many wonderful experiences kind of way. In the past ten years we have lived in two cities. We have made strong friendships and built a life here in Denver that I adore. We have struggled through infertility and ultimately brought two amazing little boys into the world. We have learned how difficult it is to parent, and how to juggle the competing demands of our lives. We have buried our grandparents and have accepted the true role of adults. We have fought about money and laundry and a host of other common marital challenges. We have remained best friends. Last night we got a sitter and went out to dinner to celebrate the milestone. We had cocktails and chatted and laughed and it was so much fun. When I told my mother about it, she responded with “I am so glad you had fun that can sometimes be hard after ten years”, and my thought was, no- not true. Dave and I always have fun. That is the sincere reality. There is nobody in the world I would rather raise children with, vacation with, build a life with. I am a lucky lady

No comments:

Post a Comment