Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kiss My....

Last Sunday I ran 7.25 miles. My goal had been eight, but I miscalculated the distance around the lake, and by the time I had circled it twice I was in no mood to try and add an additional .75 miles, so I quit. I was not disappointed . I was proud.

7.25 miles is the longest distance I have run since I gave birth to Evan. My pace was also decent. 9'15"/mi. It honestly wasn't even that hard. I am feeling strong, and beginning to believe that perhaps some day in the not so distant future I will actually reach my goal of completing a half marathon.

I am self motivated but I also have a fair amount of pride, so I figure if I put it out there on my blog and Facebook, I will hold myself accountable.

So to all the kids who picked me last in gym class, to the girl who never thought she could... you can kiss-my-you-know-what.

I am going to do this.

Watch me. Run.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I hope to do one in September. You are already running more than I have - ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 9' 15" for over 7 miles? You're rocking it! I don't think you're going to have any problem with a half-marathon!

    You know, Dave is the first person I knew who ran a full marathon, and still the only person I've gone out to watch.

    ReplyDelete