Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What I Am Thankful For: The Alternate List

Where on earth have I been? Poor neglected blog! I bet you all have missed me. Sadly I have time for only a brief update.

Where have I been?

Busy being thankful in the woods with my family of course! We packed up the Kargas boys and headed to Yosemite to celebrate the turkey holiday. We rented a condo with my parents and had a lovely time. We took hikes, we saw a bear, we ate stuffing, we drank wine and we played ping-pong. What more could one ask for? It very well may have been the very best Thanksgiving holiday I have had in my 38 years. This year I felt truly blessed. But rather than bore you with the typical I'm thankful for my kids, family, home and health post I'll give you the alternate list.


I Am Thankful For:

Bravo Television. Real Housewives, Top Chefs, Millionaire Realtors and Matchmakers, I thank God for you. You are there for me when I need to shut off the noise and melt into sticky sweet smut. Thank you.
Concealer: I turn to you daily to cover the natural redness of my nose and the circles under my eyes. Without you, I would constantly need to respond to inquires regarding the status of my health.
Yahoo! News: The source of the most critical news. With their hard-hitting journalism I am able to keep up to date on what all of the most important people in the world are up to. Justin & Selena, Brad & Angelina, Pippa. I am so well informed.  
Trader Joes: The prepared meal mecca. I am enjoying one their Reduced-Fat Asian Chicken Salads as I type.
Pinot Noir, Cabernet, Zinfandel, etc: This should require no additional explanation
My GPS: Without our all- knowing, friendly GPS system, who kindly recalculates each time I make a wrong turn, I would never get anywhere. No. I have zero sense of direction.
Coffee: Like Pinot Noir above, this should be self-explanatory. 
Target: Oh, beautiful Target. I can get lost in your lovely isles for hours. You keep me on top of the seasons. Two months into July and you stop selling swimsuits- your on to Halloween candy, but I forgive you. You have it all. Hello Kitty alarm clocks, $3 mittens, lacy underwear, bejeweled flip-flops, hot wheels and a snack bar to keep the kids happy while I wonder endlessly in your house of consumerism. I love you.

Hope you all had a fantastic holiday!













1 comment: