Friday, November 18, 2011

Dinner Dilemmas: Pizza Burgers





























It's only week three and already, I'm losing steam with dinner dilemmas. Here is the problem. One of my critics just isn't interested. No matter what I prepare, he takes only one or two small bites before leaving the table. It's more then a little bit discouraging. I am beginning to think that the only meal he would consume a reasonable tasting portion of involves ice cream.






In any case this weeks dinner was Pizza Burgers. It is actually a variation on a dish my mom used to call Formage Burgers.




Recipe:




1lb ground beef




1 tsp oregano




salt & pepper




shredded mozzarella cheese



peperoni




marinara sauce








Mix ground beef oregano, salt and pepper.





Form a flat hamburger patty and then place a small handful of cheese and a slice of peperoni on top, cover with another small flat patty and smoosh together. Repeat to make as many patties as you want.




Fry burgers on stove top. Top burgers with warm marinara sauce.






Zachary gave the dish 5 Stars and joined the ranks of the clean plate club.




































































Evan gave the dish zero stars. Surprise, surprise. I asked him why. He explained that the food was "yucky" then he asked for dessert. You can guess what happened next.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. Yeah, I have a house full of picky eaters. Drives me bonkers. I have started just fixing something I know they'll like... over and over and over. Whatever. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fire Evan and continue with judge Zack. I love dinner dilemmas!

    ReplyDelete