Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Broken

Let me paint you a picture. I'm sitting at the dinning room table in my Hello Kitty Pajamas, with a raging headache and a broken nose.  I have a toddler who is in a constant state of temper tantrum as he is continually denied sharp scissors, Halloween candy and the "high-pad." Spread across the table is the makings of my son's school project on the Galapagos Penguins, and I have come to learn that his homework is equivalent to my homework. In the back of my mind I am thinking about work and the two searches I can't seem to make any progress on.

It's been a long day, heck it has been a long few weeks. Like the bruise that has spread across the bridge of my nose (inflicted by the hard head of a two year old) I'm feeling feeling battered and broken. My face isn't all that pretty these days, and neither is life. Sadly there are times when the picture perfect becomes distorted and messy.

I know in time my nose will heal, the swelling will go down and the bruise will fade.  The terrible twos will end. I will turn the corner at work. I will have a good day.

It's a marathon and not a sprint to the finish. Right now is an uphill climb and I'm short of breath, but I have to believe that things will get easier and that someday soon my picture will be pretty once again.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your nose. When it rains, it pours, right? Sending you love.

    ReplyDelete