Friday, July 10, 2009

All about me

Apparently, I wrote too much for the "about me" section of the blog. I am brand new to blogging, so I am just figuring it out. So I decided to use this as my first posting. Here it is...

So who am I? Well first off, I am not a writer, that will be easy to see. But it seems that just about everyone has a blog these days, as if we were all interesting enough for anyone to want to read our personal diary, but I have always adored attention and I have been posting minute details about my life on Facebook for months now anyways. So I am almost 35 years old, have a loving husband of almost ten years, and two kiddos, Zachary (3.5) and Evan (13 months). I recently went back into the workforce after spending nearly a year at home with the boys. I decided it was time to get back to work as I was depleting our savings on lattes and Target runs multiple times a day. I am now working as a part-time corporate recruiter for a mortgage company.
The idea of GetRealMama came to me when I noticed that most of the blogs I read make me consider upping my dose of Zoloft. They are either Super Mom's posting recipes for a no-sugar, non-dairy birthday cake, or pictures of their darling angels in their pottery barn nurseries, or they are athletes discussing their next 20 mile run and crazy fitness accomplishments. I fit into neither of those categories. Now I realize that there is absolutely nothing wrong with these accomplished bloggers, that my own insecurities are what causes me to feel the sting of inadequacy and the surge of annoyance. But I thought, as I looked over at Zack, eating Kraft Mac & Cheese and cheap hotdogs, with ketchup spilled all down the front of his shirt, and Evan playing in the dog water dish on the floor, wouldn't it be nice if there was a blog I could relate to? I decided to write my own. I promise to be brutally honest and to never, ever share a vegan recipe...ever.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging!

    Here's a good resource for new bloggers http://www.problogger.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greeat start Rachel! Hope you don't mind a get real daddy peaking in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I will check your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! And you are a good writer!

    ReplyDelete